Scholarships and Research Support
Glaucoma Australia – Australia & New Zealand Glaucoma Interest Group Scholarship
Glaucoma Australia and The Australian and New Zealand Glaucoma Interest Group (ANZGIG) jointly award Scholarships each year to enable trainees in glaucoma to attend the annual ANZGIG Scientific Meeting.
- The ANZGIG scholarships assist trainees from developing countries to attend, while the Glaucoma Australia scholarships assist trainees from Australia.
- The ANZGIG Scholarships are of $A1500 each, and are called “The ANZGIG Scholarships”, with a maximum of three to be awarded each year.
- The Glaucoma Australia Scholarships are of $A1000 each and are called “The Kath Holmes Scholarships”. A maximum of three may be awarded each year.
- There will also be a prize of AUD$2000 for the best presentation by a Registrar to travel to any glaucoma related meeting.
- ANZGIG may offer a maximum of 5 Fee-Waiver Scholarships and is open to trainees & vision scientists, who must be presenting a paper or poster at the meeting.